Every year since 1997 the Oregon State Parks system has celebrated a day of appreciation for the state park system. This year they are offering a weekend of fun on the house at all state parks and campgrounds in Oregon. Who doesn’t like free camping and admission?
On Saturday, June 4th and Sunday, June 5th all day use and parking fees will be waived at the 26 state parks that charge admittance or parking fees. Additionally, on the night of June 4th all overnight campground fees will be waived as well including those campgrounds with electrical, water and sewer hookups.
So what does this mean for you? It means you should get out there and celebrate the good things in life – like free access to the Oregon State Parks system!
Need Some Ideas on Where to Go?
Here is a list of Oregon State Park campgrounds where you can enjoy a night of free camping.
Also consider visiting one of these Oregon State Park day use areas:
- Ecola State Park near Canon Beach on the Oregon Coast
- Fort Stevens State Park near Astoria on the Oregon Coast
- Haceta Head Lighthouse State Park near Florence on the Oregon Coast
- Smith Rock State Park near Redmond in Central Oregon
- Silver Falls State Park near Salem
- Champoeg State Heritage Area near Wilsonville
You can find out more information on the Oregon State Parks website or call (800)551-6949. If you want to reserve a campground call (800)452-5687.